Sunday, September 11, 2011

Faith, Hope, Love

If you've been following, you know that I was working on a blackwork picture frame. Well, I got it stitched, but simply could not bring myself to cut it into a frame. My crafting skills are iffy at best, and since it was to be a wedding gift, well, I just didn't want to take the chance.

So I chose three simple but profound words to fill the frame: Faith, Hope, Love. I completed it with the date of their wedding then sewed it all into a pillow for their bed.

Faith, Hope, Love

The wedding was beautiful, a lovely country wedding on the steps of the Jim Beckwourth Cabin and Museum. The reverend read from 1 Corinthians 13: ...Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Little did I know, but I had chosen the very words the bride and groom would hear when they proclaimed their vows. Much happiness, love, and laughter to my friends, Mike and Charla.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Your comments are welcome.