Friday, September 16, 2011

A watched pot...

There's an old saying, "A watched pot never boils."

Well, the Precision Induction Cooktop busts that myth completely. The first thing I did with the cooktop was put about 2 cups of water into the pan to see how fast it boiled. There was steam in a matter of seconds and a full boil in barely a minute more. I put my metal tea kettle on the cooktop and had a full pot of boiling water in about 2 minutes. Cool. Very cool.

The first meal I prepared was fried rice. Stir-frying the meat and vegetables was a cinch, and since hubby and I were on different schedules that evening, I was able to keep the rice dish warm and tasty on the low setting.

Clean up is a breeze. Simply wipe with a damp cloth. While the cooktop does get warm, it's nowhere near the heat generated on the stove. I spilled, but nothing stuck.

There is one thing about the PIC, though; the cooktop is almost 2 1/2 inches above the counter. I'm tall, so it's no big thing for me, but shorter folks might find this inconvenient. Of course, you can take the pan off the cooktop to stir or add ingredients.

Tonight: pot roast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Your comments are welcome.